Welcome to Unleashing the Next Chapter!
Unleashing the Next Chapter is the brainchild of Kathryn McClatchy. What started as a blog in 2012 in order for Kathryn to document her journey through stroke recovery and learning to read and write (and everything else) again in her late 30s, has grown into a sole-proprietorship. Unleashing the Next Chapter (UtNC) has five areas of focus:
- Online International Writers Community for serious writers. Free to join, addressing mainly the business side of writing, and includes weekly group coaching sessions, a Facebook group, and opportunities to learn by doing.
- Digital Media Marketing services for creative entrepreneurs, small businesses, and nonprofits. All packages and pricing are customized with done-for-you or done-with-you services.
- Public Speaking & Training. Kathryn has designed and conducted in-person and online workshops, keynotes, and conferences. Presentation clients include writing organizations, corporations, and church groups. General topics offered are Digital Marketing, Social Media, Productivity, Author/Online Platform Building, and Inspiration/Motivation.
- Individual Coaching and Consulting for authors and entrepreneurs to help individuals and organizations level-up their digital media marketing and online presence.
- Advocacy. After having to relearn to speak following two separate strokes, Kathryn is passionate about using her voice to advocate for those who have no voice. UtNC uses its online presence and influence to advocate for invisible disability warriors, survivors of human-trafficking and domestic abuse, promoting religious freedom, literacy programs, and assistance/service dog concerns.
I serve creative entrepreneurs, nonprofits, and small businesses by strategically crafting and publishing content and copy that increase brand awareness, engagement, and conversion rates with current and potential customers. I keep up with your analytics as well as current trends, technology, and techniques of online content marketing so you don’t have to. Using that information, I fine-tune your online marketing strategy each month to get you consistently improving results. Click on the SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTANT button to see how I can benefit your endeavors.
My background in sales, market research, education, newspaper and magazine, coaching, and teaching Bible, in addition to my crazy and miraculous health journey, has opened doors for opportunities to speak at conferences, workshops, retreats, and online events. I love encouraging, enlightening, and entertaining. Click on the SPEAKER button to see upcoming events and topics.
Teaching has been my vocation and avocation since childhood. While other girls played house, I forced my little brother and his playmates to practice reading, writing, and math. In corporate jobs, I always ended up as a trainer. As a swim coach, I learned a new level of teaching. I returned to school to earn a dual master’s degree –a M.A. in English and M.I.T. (Master’s in Teaching). I was “all but thesis” for the M.A., and one class shy of the M.I.T. when the strokes hit. Now I coach creative entrepreneurs, small business owners, and nonprofit organizations on productivity, online platform building, social media best practices, and writing.
In addition to writing creative nonfiction and fiction, I facilitate an annual Flash Fiction Contest for the Writers Guild of Texas, and serve as Vice-president of W.O.R.D.,. I write online content, emails, newsletters, and more for clients and myself. Whether you are a reader, writer, business, or nonprofit, click the WRITER box to read more–there’s something for everyone.
Post-strokes I had to learn how to speak, read, and write again. I vowed then to be a voice for those unable to speak for themselves. The five causes I am most passionate about are Religious Freedom, Literacy, Ending Human-trafficking, Invisible Disabilities, and the Service Dog community.
Do you like what you see here? Show your appreciation by subscribing, liking, sharing, commenting, and/or following me on social media. Click on my photo to learn more about me.
Happy reading, writing, and Unleashing your Next Chapter!